Terms and Conditions
Legalvision Ltd is dedicated to provide you, our Customer, with the highest service experience. Our services include: Apostille, Notary Services, Authentication, Solicitor Certification, Translation, DBS Disclosure I. Apostille Services
- Apostille application may take longer if the signature of the register is not in the database of the FCO.
- If you apply for the “Same Day Apostille” please ensure the signature holder (eg: Solicitor, Registrar) is already on the FCO database.
- Procedure to include the specimen signature may take 1-14 days. In the rare cases when this may happen, an extra charge of £39 for our dedicated courier services.
- In the rare event of the Foreign Office or an Embassy increasing their fees or disbursement after the Customer has accepted a quotation from the Company; the Company will request the difference in fees from the Customer. Inability to legalise a document due to unforeseen FCO or Embassy closure due to cultural holiday observation, unavailability or shortage of attestation/legalisation stamps, inaccurate information received either by the Customer or the Embassy on the legalisation process required.
- Where a delay has occurred, the Company will inform the Customer at the first available opportunity to advice on the new expected completion time.
- The Company does not provide any refund in service fees paid.
- Under clause 13 of the Distance Selling and Home Ordering Regulations, the Company does not provide the right to the Customer to cancel the Order once the Order has been commenced.
- The timeframe for the Company to complete the Order excludes the time that the document is in transit with the courier / postal system on return back to the Customer. This does not form part of the service provided by the Company.
- Bank transfer (BACS / CHAPS) and Cheque payments are accepted at the discretion of the Company. The Company will require such payments to have ‘cleared’ before placed Orders can commence.
- No warranty or liability is accepted by the Company, its staff/agents in relation to services provided, impartial advice or information given to the Customer. Impartial advice or information provided to the Customer by the Company is not legally binding and is not intended to be construed as legal advice and the Company is not liable for losses or damages to the Customer however is caused.
- Apostille UK and Apostila UK are the trading name for LegalVision Ltd
- DELIVERY: The date of delivery specified by the LegalVision Ltd is an estimate only. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods or performance of Services.
All risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer upon delivery.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, in this Agreement the following words shall bear the following meaning:
1.1. “Services” shall refer to services referred to in Article 3 of this Agreement;
1.2. “Party” shall refer to a service provider or client that requests services from Legalvision (or on whose behalf services are requested) as subsequently named in the Quote;
1.3. “Confidential Information” means any proprietary information, know-how and data disclosed in confidence by one party to the other party (and including in the case of the Client the Source Materials and the Deliverables), but does not include any information which (a) is in the public domain; (b) on receipt by the other party is already known by that party; (c) is at any time after the date of receipt by the other party, received in good faith by that party from a third party; (d) required by law to be disclosed by the other party;
1.4. “Contract” means a contract comprising an Accepted Quote and these terms and conditions;
1.5. “Intellectual Property” includes all copyright, trademarks, designs, patents, domain names, concepts, know-how, trade secrets, logos and all other similar property and rights whether registered or unregistered;
1.6. “Quote” or “Invoice” means a quote or invoice issued by Legalcheck to the Client;
1.7. “Services“ means the services specified in the Quote;
1.8. “Source Materials” means the document/s submitted by the Client to Legalvision for services, as identified in the Quote;
1.9. “Deliverables” means the final deliverables produced as a result of the Services;
2.1. All services, including but not limited to: apostilles, translations, notarial services, legalisations and certifications, shall be done in the manner and form indicated and displayed on the website. Notarial services including: Statutory Declaration/ Power of Attorney, Certification of the original are drafted and signed by authorised practitioners. 2.2. Each request for services made to Legalvision and supply of Source Materials is made subject to these terms and conditions.
2.3. No contract exists in respect of any request for translation and interpretation services or in respect of any Source Materials that may be submitted to Legalvision unless and until there is an Accepted Quote. Once there is an Accepted Quote, a ‘Contract’ is formed between the Client and Legalvision in respect of the Services described in that quote.
2.4. For translations Company will issue a Quote after receiving from a client a request for services made in accordance with the procedures used on the Website.
2.5. The word count of the translation will be change because of the nature of the different languages, but this will not change the final price of your document.
2.6. Legalvision reserves the right to decline to issue a Quote or to provide any services if the Source Materials contain any material which considers to be offensive, obscene etc.
- PROVISION OF SERVICES
3.1. Subject to receipt of all applicable amounts due from the Client, Legalcheck will provide the Services as specified in the Accepted Quote and in accordance ‘ standard practices
3.2. Legalvision has no responsibility to review the quality of the Source Materials for any errors and has no liability to review the Source Material for or to correct any errors or omissions contained in any Source Materials regardless of the nature of such errors or omissions and regardless of the impact that such errors or omissions may have on the quality of the Deliverables.
3.3. Legalvision will issue the Deliverables to the Client in accordance with Legalvision standard practices and procedures applicable at the time or as otherwise specified in the Quote (Invoice) Legalvision will use reasonable endeavours to issue the Deliverables on or before the agreed delivery date / time, or where no specific delivery date / time is agreed within a reasonable time following receipt of the accepted Quote, but accepts no liability for any delay caused by external factors ( FCO – Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Postal Services).
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 4.1 We will provide our services with reasonable care and skill. Our liability to you is limited to losses, damages, costs and expenses directly caused by our negligence or wilful default.
4.2 Exclusion of liability for loss caused by others: (Third party, FCO -Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Solicitors/Notary, Translators)
We will not be liable if such losses, penalties, surcharges, interest or additional tax liabilities are caused by the acts or omissions of any other person or due to the provision to us of incomplete, misleading or false information or if they are caused by a failure to act on our advice or a failure to provide us with relevant information.
4.3 Exclusion of liability in relation to circumstances beyond our control We will not be liable to you for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under this engagement letter if the delay or failure is caused by circumstances outside our reasonable control.
- COMPLAINTSWe are committed to providing you with a high quality service that is both efficient and effective. However, should there be any cause for complaint in relation to any aspect of our service please contact Constanta Efimov. We agree to look into any complaint carefully and promptly and do everything reasonable to put it right. If you are still not satisfied you can refer your complaint to Ombudsman https://www.ombudsman-services.org/
6.1. Payments for our services are due upfront. Completing the payment you authorise us to approach such third parties as may be appropriate to deal with your request/order.
6.2. Bank transfer (BACS / CHAPS) and Cheque payments are accepted at the discretion of the Company. The Company will require such payments to have ‘cleared’ before placed Orders can commence. Payment should be processed via Credit Card or our secure environment online payment.
6.3. For contract work there will be a 5% per month late fee added to the final price for each week that the invoice is not paid after 30 days
6.4. After execution of the service has begun, purchaser may not cancel the agreement.
6.5. If purchaser is not satisfied with the quality of the translation, may contact customer support (ticket system, email or by phone) to express any concerns. Refunds are at the discretion of Legalvision.
6.6 The Client has the responsibility to check the invoice description and the address, and then proceed with the payment.
6.7 Completing the payment the client accepts our terms and conditions.
6.8. Any alteration or correction on the translated text will be free of charge
6.9 Legalisation of the translations will be considered a separate service. Prices for general translations start from £0.09/word
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION 5.1. The parties recognise and acknowledge the confidential nature of the Confidential Information.
5.2. Neither party may disclose any Confidential Information other than:
(a) to its directors, employees, contractors or subcontractors to the extent necessary in the performance of the Contract;
(b) with the express prior written consent of the other party;
(c) to its professional advisers. 5.3 Legalvision Ltd pledges to maintain the utmost respect and confidentiality for all of our client’s documents. We collect your personal information only for the purpose of invoicing you on your services and sending you the final document. We do not redistribute it to any outside parties We do not sell or rent personal information to others. We do not disclose personal information.
5.4 We may, on occasions, subcontract work on your affairs to other professionals. The subcontractors will be bound by our client confidentiality terms.
6.1. This Agreement shall enter into force with immediate effect and shall be valid until the complete fulfilment of contractual obligations.
6.2. Entire agreement: Each Contract constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between the parties, superseding all proposals or prior agreements oral or written and all other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of that Contract.
6.3. Amendments: Except as specifically provided, no amendment to a Contract will be effective unless it is in writing and signed by both parties.
6.4. NOTICES .Where a notice is to be given to any party hereto it may be served by leaving it at the registered office or last known address of that party. Otherwise it may be sent by first class letter post to the registered office or the last known address of that party, when it shall be deemed to have been served at the expiration of 48 hours after it has been posted.
6.5. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts